Are you overwhelmed by the sheer volume of healthcare legislation articles? Yet, you study them so you aren’t caught flat-footed when a client asks about something?
After digging into 2021’s current issues and attending The National Association of Health Underwriter’s (NAHU’s) Capitol Convention, three specific issues bubbled to the top. Each is in a phase of still being sorted out - meaning we’ll see hundreds of additional articles on these same topics to stir the waters for you and your clients.
To help you prep for well-informed conversations, we reached out for video input from six different brokers and experts around the country. Then, we culled it all down to a 30-minute overview on these three key issues. Enjoy - and share it with your team!
Below are the three key issues addressed and helpful links for each.
1. Commission transparency
- The Consolidated Appropriations Act article – summarizes the legislation
- NAHU’s Healthcare Happy Hour Podcast – for more legislative summaries by Marcy Buckner
- NAHU’s President’s Perspective Podcast – for industry musings from Dane Rianhard & David Smith (plug – Heidi Rasmussen & I were guests for the March 23rd episode)
- Commission Disclosure Worksheet – from Health Rosetta (suggested by Josh Butler)
2. Public option
- “Operation Shout” to Oppose a Public Option – turnkey communication to your federal congresspeople
- NAHU’s Single Payer Certification Class – for a deeper understanding of the structure and consequences of a single-payer system
- Medicare For All Conversations - for a reminder of single payer comparisons around the world
3. Provider transparency
- CMS Healthcare Price-Transparency Regulation Explained - Dr. Eric Bricker’s full 7-minute episode. Subscribe to his videos here.
- Hospitals Using Computer Coding to Skirt Transparency Rules - WSJ investigation explained. Full WSJ article here.
Now it’s your turn! Help keep the communication channel open and reach out to me at email@example.com with comments or updates as these issues develop.